The MCC2 Wireless Data Logging device can collect data from any ICT Instrument within line of sight, typically 250m radius. A larger field of influence can be achieved with larger aerials. All data is stored on a single 4GB MicroSD card in a comma separated file (.csv). SD card data storage enables rapid transfer of data files from many ICT instruments in the field.
USB – Wireless – Serial data Communication Hub
Designed for remote monitoring and control of industrial communication applications and can be factory customised for specific applications.
MCC2 – Multiconverter Communicator Features
The MCC2 is a wireless communication device using a MicroSD card to store data
- Industrial quality product
- Wired interfaces protected against lightning and other transients. Includes separate local earth connection.
- Wired interfaces optically isolated from the USB port and power supply to simplify connections between equipment with different power and ground potentials.
- Data encryption prevents eavesdropping and hacking of transmissions.
- Sophisticated error checking and message resending ensures error free data transfers.
- 2.4GHz wireless
- 2.4GHz low power radio to serial data port
- ICT Compatible USB – 2.4GHz Radio Modem
- This mode is used to connect, wirelessly, to any radio enabled ICT instrument using ICT Utility software.
- ICT RF Logger (USB or serial port – 2.4GHz Radio Logger)
- This mode is used when the MCC is used in conjunction with an eState CellVisor or ICT’s Soft Logger software to provide PC based logging.
- USB to Optically Isolated Serial Port Modem.
- In this mode the MCC is a USB to serial converter. Serial modes are selectable and can be either RS485, RS232, TTL-3V, TTL-5V or SDI-12/SI8.
- Multiprotocol Wireless Serial Port to Serial Port Modem
- This mode is designed to be used with two paired MCCs. Each MCC can be configured to act as RF–USB or RF–Serial converter. The paired MCCs can then be USB–RF-Serial, USB–RF-USB or Serial-RF–Serial. (The serial ports can be any one of RS232, RS485, 3V TTL, 5V TTL, Monibus or SDI-12).
- In USB-RF-USB mode, two computers can communicate through PC virtual COM ports.
- In Serial-RF-Serial mode, two paired MCCs can provide any combination of RS-485/ RS-232/TTL-3V/TTL-5V/SDI-12/SI8 to RS-485/RS-232/TTL-3V/TTL-5V/SDI-12/SI8.
- Signal Strength Test.
- This mode can be used to test the radio link between the MCC and a device compatible with RSSI, (Received Signal Strength Indication), test protocol. ICT Instruments with generic comms board firmware 2-0-4 or above are compatible with the RSSI test protocol.
||Powered from USB or external 8 – 30V DC supply. (Note: supply current 110mA @ 12V DC.)
||Up to 1km with whip antennas and up to 5km with high gain antennas, line of sight, depending on conditions.
||115kbps maximum depending on mode of operation.
|Other Protocols Supported
||Supports SDI12 v1.3 Basic Command Set.
- MicroSD card slot allows store and forward communication as well as selective logging of communication activity.
- Mini USB connector.
- Pluggable terminal blocks for serial ports.
- Wireless communication with any radio enabled ICT International instrument within 250m.
- Portable, easy to use via ICT International software interface.
- Any radio enabled ICT International Instrument connects directly and data is stored on a MicroSD card.